Introducing green initiatives into the workplace can feel a little daunting at first. There are actually lots of ways we can be more green in the office.
Most of us use environmentally friendly products in our home, we can’t just ignore our green and clean habits when we leave our homes.
As a business owner, why not create a more sustainable, eco-friendly workplace, by introducing sustainable, environment-friendly measures and substantially reduce the impact of your workplace on the environment.
Don’t have any idea how to get started? A great place to start reducing the impact of your business on the environment is by making sure that the company has an environmentally friendly mission statement.
Here are some other innovative ways :
- Reduce by Reusing. Replace disposable products with reusable ones, especially in the staff kitchen. Supply an adequate amount of cutlery for staff to use, and encourage staff to purchase stainless steel bottles, reusable coffee cups, and other utensils instead of using plastic ones.
- Reduce carbon footprint by providing alternative work options to staff, is it possible for employees to do remote work from home? Can you provide Bike racks or showers so people can ride or walk to work?
- Consider replacing fluorescent lights with LEDs and ensure lights are switched off outside business hours. Ensure power-saving features like sleep mode on computers and other devices is enabled, these will help save energy without relying on the staff to do so.
- Establish a recycling program and educate your staff on the importance of recycling. Include signage to ensure that it is as easy as possible for you staff
- Switch to plastic free milk. Can you get milk in glass bottles?
- Last but not least, you should consider investing in office plants. Scientific studies have shown the positives of having plants in your workspace. They make the workplace more attractive; they clean the air, can increase creativity, are known to reduce sickness and also create a healthier environment.
Hope the above tips will help you make your office greener!
We bring to you a range of environmentally friendly products at affordable prices. We stock lunch boxes, re-usable shopping bags, water bottles in stainless steel and glass, food pouches, insulated thermo food containers, and a lot more.
We stock many of the top eco-friendly brands, including Cheeki, Contigo, Appetito, BioBag, Sachi and Onya to name a few.
To enjoy savings on your purchases, you can also sign up for our mailing list. So, what are you waiting for? Browse through our website today or visit us at our store in Sherwood, Brisbane.